Visit Taiwan Travel Guide
Read this visit Taiwan travel guide will gives you an insightful guide on best month and place to visit Taiwan. The transportation and accommodations that we use when visiting Taiwan also will share in this this travel guide.
Taiwan is a small country full of stunning places and exciting activities to do. Visit Taiwan night market is a must for the mouthwatering snack and food. Don’t worry if you are the first time come to Taiwan because the people in Taiwan are very friendly and nice. If you like the natural environment, you should visit the Taiwan national park and hiking trails. This travel guide will cover all the information you need when visit Taiwan.
When to visit Taiwan Travel Guide
The climate of North Taiwan is subtropical while south Taiwan is tropical. One of the best season to visit Taiwan is Spring from mid of March to May. You have the chance to see beautiful Sakura all around Taiwan. Hot Summers Taiwan is between June and September. Kenting National Park is one of a great place to cool yourself. Autumn of Taiwan is roughly October to November. During the summer to autumn transition, typhoon is most likely to happen. Hence, always have plan B for your journey and remember to buy travel insurance for some coverage. Winter of Taiwan is falling between December to end of February.
|Spring||March to May|
|Summer||June to September|
|Autumn||October to November|
|Winter||December to February|
Visit Taiwan Transportation Travel Guide
There are many ways of transportation you can use to connect city Taiwan.
- Train – Whole Taiwan is covered by the railway train. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way. Besides that, the fare of the train is cheaper compare to Taiwan High-Speed Rail.
- Taiwan High-Speed Rail (THSR) – THSR is travel with a higher speed and only stop at the 12 major cities such as Taipei, TaiChung, Tainan, Zuoying and etc. It took about 1 hour 30min to from north to south of Taiwan.
- Metro – Metro serves as a convenient mean of transportation, probably the most favoured public transportation by both Taiwanese and international visitors. Most of the tourist spots are nearby metro station with walkable distance.
- Bus – Buses in Taiwan have more than 300 routes in the city. Most of the buses have station voice announcement in Chinese and English. You can check the bus route and arrival schedule in real-time.
- Bicycle – Cycling is very common in Taiwan. Besides that, Taiwan has some of the best cycling infrastructures in the world. You can easily rent a bicycle and cycling around the tourist places and enjoy the eco-friendly moments.
- Easy Card – This is a rechargeable series of smart cards can use to take metro, buses, taxi and payment in some shop. In addition, you can enjoy the discount rate when taking public transport rather than single trip charge. Easy card can purchase at any convenience stores(7-Eleven, FamilyMart, Hi-Life, OK Mart) and metro station.
Where to go When Visit Taiwan
- Shopping – Ximending Street, East Metro Mall, Core Pacific Living Mall
- Theme Park – Leofoo Village Theme Park, E-DA Theme Park, Farglory Ocean Park, Taipei Children Amusement Park
- Night Market – Shilin Night Market, Raohe Night Market, Ningxia Night Market, Tamsui Old Street Market, Fengjia (Feng Chia) Night Market
- Activities – Beitou Hot Spring Spa, Yehliu Geopark, Jiu Fen, Shi Fen, Golden Waterfall
- Sightseeing – Taipei 101 Observatory, Maokong Gondola
- Traditional – Long Shan Temple, Ximen Red house, National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, Presidential Office Building